NEW! 5TH EDITION
OF THE POPULAR BOOK
PRACTICAL HANDBOOK TO ELEMENTARY
FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROGRAMS (FLES*)
5th EDITION, 2010 by Dr. Gladys C. Lipton
Written by Dr. Gladys Lipton, a leading authority in foreign languages in elementary
schools (FLES*), this NEW 5th edition of the book gives practical advice on how to
establish, maintain, and improve all types of programs, K-8. Encompassing Sequential
FLES, Sequential FLEX, Exploratory and Immersion, the text provides expanded content/ new
information concerning all kinds of practical research and best practices in the field.
This 5th edition has invaluable new insights for K-12 methods, students and methods
teachers, and can be used not only in preservice courses, but inservice workshops and
graduate programs. Dr. Lipton directed and taught FLES* methods at the University of
Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC). When Dr. Lipton serves as a consultant for many
schools (public and private) and school districts, she offers "best practices" and a
common sense, practical approach to achieving superior language programs.
The 5th edition was written BY a FLES* teacher FOR FLES* teachers and
others. This book is unique in the field because Dr. Gladys Lipton's wide experience
in K-12 schools and as Director of FLES* institutes and FLES* methods courses at universities,
provides her with many practical, sound, realistic, excellent, forward-thinking
perspectives on the techniques, strategies, curriculum and activities that work well in
early language classrooms.
WHAT'S NEW IN THE FIFTH EDITION?
Available only from:
- Revised and expanded many chapters, such as Students, Differentiation, Technology, Teachers and Advocacy
- New chapter "Do You Have an Outstanding FLES* Program?"
- New book total number of pages is 518
- New "Focus on FLES*" that can be adapted for brochures
- New FLES* Exit Fluency Definition, based on the Clifford model
- Revised and updated Appendices, A-Z
- New sources of assistance for teachers and supervisors
- New contribution by Dr. Paul Garcia
- New contribution by Dr. Marcela Van Olphen
- New listing of FLES* research by categories
- New Preface giving FLES* background information
- Revised Updated FLES* Bibliography
- and much, much more!!!!
>>> ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
National FLES* Institute|
P.O. Box 2632
Kensington, MD 20891
NO PURCHASE ORDERS
Price: $59.00 (plus $5.00 S & H by book rate)|
Publication Date: 2010
Checks made out to National FLES* Institute.